Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage the implementation of appropriate HSSEQ initiatives, programs, and training.
- Monitor and report on HSSEQ performance, complete trend analysis, and provide reports both internally and externally.
- Conduct accident/incident investigations, root cause analysis, risk assessments, and hazard analysis.
- Manage and investigate non-conformances and improvement opportunities.
- Prepare and conduct safety presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Conduct HSSEQ audits and inspections.
- Review and interpret all health, safety, and environmental regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Conduct onshore and offshore site visits by liaising with clients.
- Provide all HSSEQ support to the contract bidding process.
- Ensure compliance with various clients’ HSSEQ management systems.
- Oversee the delivery of the health and safety portion of the company’s orientation/onboarding process for new employees.
- Tertiary Level Education in Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Assurance or other relevant disciplines.
- Seven (7) plus years of HSSEQ experience at a senior level in a heavy industrial setting such as mining, forestry, alternate energy, manufacturing, and/or oil and gas.
- Proven experience implementing ISO Compliant Management Systems.
- Proven experience in internal and/or lead auditing and incident/accident investigation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in Guyana.